Kinesio Taping Miami
Fox Physical Therapy provides Kinesio® Taping services for physical therapy patients and athletes in Miami, Florida.
Kinesio Taping gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. Essentially, providing patients with treatment in between seeing their therapist.
Benefits of Kinesio Taping:
- Allows Athletes to Remain Active while Injured – this is one of the most important benefits of kinesiology tape for competitive athletes.
- Pain Relief – reduced pressure on pain receptors under the skin can provide instant relief of either acute or chronic pain.
- Reduced Swelling and Inflammation – reduced pressure on the lymphatic drainage channels allows better removal of fluids and other materials that collect in an injured area.
- Prevents and/or Relieves Spasms and Cramping – dependent on the direction and tension of the tape it can either facilitate (to excite an underused muscle) or inhibit (to relax and overused muscle) the muscle.
- Speedier Recovery of Overused Muscles – fatigued, overused muscles contain byproducts of the exercise (such as lactic acid) that contribute to pain and stiffness and limit the ability to continue exercising. When kinesiology tape is used over these areas, enhanced removal of these byproducts allows for more rapid recovery.
- Provides Support without Restricting Range of Motion – elastic properties of kinesiology tape allow it to provide support to an injured muscle or joint without restricting range of motion.
- Enhances Strength and Muscle Tone – Kinesiology tape not only provides support to damaged muscles, it can also improve muscle activation, allowing therapeutic exercises to be carried out more effectively.